10/26/2013

Missing home

There's a moment when you're away that, no matter how strong or independent you are, you find yourself missing home.

To me this moment arrived today. I'm having fun, and I'm learning a lot. However, I kinda miss some of the people I left on the other side of the pond. Truth is, I thought I'd miss people I'm not actually missing for now, but still I kinda wish I could go back for some hours.

It's on days like this that you discover yourself counting down the days missing to see them again. That you start considering the things that you might be missing there, even if your life is much more interesting now. But you're missing home and that's it.

I think that what made me miss home today was pondering that I'll spend my birthday, Christmas and New Year's away from the people I love. I thought I could bear it, and I guess I'll be able to, but today it all piled up and I wish I could be back to my boring life, to the life I was tired to live in Barcelona, just for some hours, to see that everything stays the same, or to see that nothing stays the same because the world is crumbling because I'm not there (yes, that's kind of selfish).

But I know it's normal to miss home sometimes, even if I have lots of problems there, and even if some people creates even more problems for me. I guess there's something in the routine I used to have that makes me miss everything. Yet, I know this will pass, that I'll be better in a couple of hours and that I'll forget I missed anything until it hits me the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment