6/22/2015

All the "I love you"

In our relationship, I was the one who had her heart on her sleeve. I was the one who said "I love you" first, and I was actually the only one who said it at all. I knew you loved me, you proved it. But you never said it. You would reply with a smirk and kiss me on the lips. Whenever I explained you my feelings, you simply said: "I know".

I knew you couldn't voice your feelings like I did, that you never learnt how to. That it would take some time and all my love to help you. I knew you were scarred, and those scars take long to heal. However, there is only so much someone can take, and there was so much I could endure before I got tired. After years of fighting for your love, for fighting for both of us, for hoping you would tell me how you felt. After years of guessing. After years of suffering. I told you I couldn't do it anymore, and you didn't say anything.

Now, after one year you've come back. And you've told me all you never told me, and I don't know what to do. You've come like a flood. You called me and told me you needed to see me, like that. And also just like that you let everything out, all the words. All the "I love you". All that I had been hoping for years. Did I still want it? Was it too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment