6/20/2015

Mungo

Mungo looked down at his feet and saw his claws were dirty, he was embarassed about it, but he was also embarassed about being where he was. In front of him the therapist waited for him to reply to her question. He avoided it a bit longer and looked at the clearing where they had agreed to meet. There was no one else around, some birds flew over their heads.

-Mungo, I asked you something. 

He turned his head around and looked at her face so alike to his mother's, it was comforting. It was a good face, and she didn't have stains of grass around her mouth like his younger sisters tended to do. 

-Yes. 

-I will repeat it. Why are you feeling sad? 

-Because,...-he looked down.-No one likes me and they seem scared of me. I don't have any friends.-he fiddled with his tiny frontpaws. 

-Have you ever done anything to make them scared? 

-No! They don't even talk to me, they see me and run away. I thought everyone loved Triceratops, but no one will come close to me.  

The Triceratops therapist sighed. Mungo was a depressed little dinosaur, also a deluded one. 

-Mungo, look at me, do you look like I do? 

She saw his oversized head tilt while he intensely stared at her. She understood why people were scared of him, even if he was still very young. 

-Yes. I am like you. 

The therapist shook her large horned head. 

-No, you are not.-she paused for a second trying to find the best words to break the news to him.-You are adopted. 

-I know. My real mommy died and my other mommy took care of my egg when she found it near her nest. 

-You also know you're not a Triceratops, do you? 

-Of course I'm a Triceratops, what else could I be? 

She would need to tell him, just to make him face the consequences of being who he was. 

-A Tyrannosaurus. 

His mouth fell open, showing all those pointy teeth with grass between them. 

-No! They are bad! I'm not bad! I'm a good dinosaur! 

-Mungo, you're a Tyrannosaurus and that's why everyone is scared of you. 

-But, I'm good! The other dinosaurs have to see it, I never ate anyone, I just want to make friends. 

Tears piled on his eyes as he helplessly tried to reach them with his tiny arms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment