4/23/2017

Dream On. Chapter 63: Revenge.

Previously...

Revenge

That evening, before going to sleep, the friends talked about Octavia's story. They tried to feel her grief, to understand it, but even Albert, whose grandmother died because of Marla, felt that he could not fully understand what had Octavia been through. He decided to do something about it that same night, he would visit her again and give her some really bad night of sleep.
-I'm going to take care of this.- he told his friends.
-Be careful.- said Myriam.
-I'm tired of being careful, I'm always careful, but while we are careful Marla can do whatever she wants. If we want to beat her, we have to do it with her arms. And from now on I'll go to her every night until she snaps out of remorse. Good night.
He got into his bed, but was too fired up to be able to sleep, after a while he felt Myriam getting in his bed.
-I'm sorry I upset you.- she muttered.- But I'm afraid of losing you.
-I'm afraid of losing you, too. But, if we don't fight we will be afraid all our lives.
She kissed him sweetly.
-Then, do what you have to do, I'll be waiting for you.- she said holding his hand.- Good night.
-Good night.
That time it was easier for Albert to fall asleep, feeling the warmth of Myriam at his side. He immersed himself into his dream and he found himself at Marla's doorstep. He still didn't dare to dream himself inside Marla's room, but he had started losing the reservations he first held. After that he got straight inside Marla's bedroom, and, as usual, he found her sleeping peacefully. It was surprising that someone who could hurt so much so many people was able to sleep in such a way. As usual, he approached to Marla's bed and changed his voice a bit.
-Marla, I'm very disappointed, I know what you did to Alex. I never thought you would do something like this, you broke that girl's heart.
To his surprise, Marla started crying.
-I loved her, dad, I did. I had never loved anyone more in my life, not even you. But they told me that I couldn't be dating anyone, that it would make me less powerful. They also told me that dating a girl was a sin and that they wouldn't accept it. They made me break up with her, and when I said I didn't want to, they put that guy in my bed. I hate them, dad.
-Who are they?- asked Albert, almost forgetting to change his voice.
-The Priest, and mom. Oh, dad, I hate mom, I really do.- then she just kept sobbing and mumbling unintelligible things.
Albert decided that he had had enough and dreamt himself out of Marla's house. He woke up feeling bad for her and knowing that he shouldn't. He wrote everything down in his notebook and tried to go back to sleep after embracing Myriam. However, he couldn't, he spent the rest of the night staring at her wondering how would he feel if he ever lost her, all the feelings he would have, and he knew he wouldn't be able to bear it, that he would feel lost. It was funny how someone could become so important in another person's life in so little time. He held her tighter to feel her breath on his skin. When the sun rose he was still holding her, she started moving to wake up and then he released her. She opened her eyes slowly.
-Good morning. Did you sleep well?- he asked her while playing with her hair.
-Mmmm, not bad, you?- she said yawning.
-I didn't really sleep much, the snoring monster got in my bed tonight.
She kicked and punched him under the sheets, but he just held her hands and kissed her.
-Okay, that's better.- she admitted.- By the way, how was your mission?
-I'll tell you over breakfast.- he said while getting out of the bed to get in the shower.
It took Albert most of the breakfast to explain his friends all that had happened during his dream, in part because they kept interrupting him when he was done with his story he asked them for their opinion.
-I don't know Albert, but what if she knows that you go there and says all this just to mess with your head?- hinted Robert.
Albert stopped a moment to think about it, could Marla be so wicked?
-But if she knew she would have done something already, she's not likely to let me do what I want without consequences.
-Anyway, be careful.- added Myriam.
When he arrived at Professor's Smith office only Octavia was there. They sat together commenting on the work they had to do, looking for books on the shelves and searching on the internet for more papers on the topic.
-By the way,-Octavia said.-you mentioned something about a woman called Livia, right? I have a book that talks about her, well not only about her, but she is there.
-You can't be serious! You are the first person I know that knows something more than “it's the statue in front of the cathedral”.- replied Albert excited.
-She is? Hmm, that would explain lots of things...
Marla arrived just then looking as if someone had just unearthed her. Octavia and Albert exchanged stares but said nothing.
-Don't even talk to me you two or you will regret it all your life.- she took off her sunglasses and her eyes were red and puffy.
Albert could hardly hide his satisfaction, it was good news that Marla didn't sleep well, but some part of him was afraid that he might go too far.






-->

No comments:

Post a Comment