4/25/2017

Dream On. Chapter 65: Realization.

Previously...

Realization


Monday came again and with it another excruciating session of having to be friendly with Marla. Albert had made sure that she would not be able to sleep well the night before, but he was starting to feel tired too. He was going to sleep much sooner than he used to, just to have some normal sleep before his dreams, and he was eating more than he had ever done, but maybe he was pushing a bit too hard. As of late Marla arrived the last and looking terrible, however, she was strangely cheerful.
-So, little rabbit, are you going to tell me what have you been doing at nights lately?
Albert froze on his chair, how could she know?
-You've been messing up with the wrong witch, little rabbit.
-I don't know what you are talking about...- he started.
-Oh, yes, you do know. I know it has been you, who else could it be?
-What did I do?
-Enough! You're going to regret having done this, I'm going to get my revenge and it's going to be as slow and as painful as what I have been through. And don't you dare come see me again, because then, I will have no mercy.
Albert started sweating, regretting all that he had done, thinking of the danger he had put his friends through. Octavia got in at that exact moment and sensed that something was really wrong, however, she didn't know how to break the tension, so she stayed by the doorstep staring in fear.
-I'm so done with you two. Don't worry I will let you play the professors alone from now on, I didn't have any interest in this. Other than torturing both of you, that is. And, also, this way you won't be able to control what I do or when I do it, little rabbit. The war is on.- she said menacingly and then stormed out of the room.
Octavia set herself aside of Marla's way and watched her leave, then she turned to Albert and saw that he was shaking. She sat down next to him and held him until he calmed down.
-What happened?
-She knows, Octavia, she knows! I should have been more careful, now all of you are in danger and just because I didn't think it through.
-Shhh, no one is in danger.- she lied.
-I wish I could believe so, but I know her, I do. She's not going to stop until I drag myself to her feet pleading for mercy.
-You won't have to do that because we are going to take her down before that. Now, focus on the work, you don't want Professor Smith seeing you like this.
Working did actually help him to feel better, it took the worries out of his mind and gave him a distraction. Octavia took care of telling the professor that Marla wouldn't be coming again, which seemed to make him a bit upset. Albert was thankful about it, she was proving to be a good friend and a valuable resource, but that put her in more danger yet. His morning went through several ups and downs, he looked so miserable that even Professor Smith told him to take the afternoon off. During lunch, Octavia and Albert explained what happened to the rest.
-Albert, you have to know that whatever happens, it is not your fault.- said Myriam reaching for his hands over the table.
-Yes, we would have done the same thing.- added Robert.
-We would.- agreed Dalia.
-But she will hurt you, she might even kill you, I'm of no use dead, but she can use me if I'm broken. However, you... you will be casualties in this war.
-Listen to me, we are your friends and we are not going to let her use you for whatever she pleases. Tomorrow I and Dalia are going to talk to her father if it is true that she misses him so much he might be the one that can make the real Marla, that you claim is trapped under the Creator's power, appear again.- she saw that he wanted to say something.- And don't start with the “we need to be together” thing. You know that if she wants to do anything she will do it anyway. And maybe you should go visit your grandmother, shouldn't you? When was the last time you went to see her?
-Before my last exam.- he admitted.
-So, go, maybe she has some answers.- Myriam insisted.
-But then I'll be vulnerable to Marla's power...
-You have to take the chance, and anyway you said it yourself, she doesn't want you dead.- added Robert.
-I agree, we need all we can get, I'll try to look for more information myself.- said Octavia.- We have to finish with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment