12/15/2013

A Mexican Party

Yesterday I went to a Mexican Birthday Party, where I learned a few things.

First: "Fashionably late" means a whole different thing in here. More like two fucking hours late. It got me on my nerves, I'm the kind of person who arrives earlier at the places and then waits for the exact time to get in.

Second: I'm maybe not as socially awkward as I thought, if the right people is around that is. I got there and my friend hadn't arrived yet. So I was in a room full of unknown people, and some of them made me sit down and start talking, from there it all went smooth and well.

Third: I will NEVER EVER get used to spicy food. There was food and as always my question was "Is it spicy?". However, I've also discovered that I like "nopales" very much.

Fourth: I might end up dancing salsa at some level. With the right partner that is, one that is tall enough to allow me to dance without taking off my shoes.

Fifth: the best part of this country is its people. Full stop. I don't really need to add anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment