12/18/2013

A street market or two months in here already

Today marks the start of my third month in here, when you come to think about it, it is kinda crazy. So, to celebrate I went with Tania, my friend from the lab, to eat at a street market close to the lab.

I was really impressed by the street market, you can literally find anything in there. There were fruit, meat, fish, clothes stalls. And also places where they cooked food. But it was surprisingly silent. Markets in Barcelona are one of the most noisy things you can find, with people shouting at you trying to get you to buy anything. However, in here people would talk to you but they won't shout. Another thing that surprised me was that they had raw meat and fish out in the open, there weren't any flies, but it struck me as unhygienic.

The thing is that we went to eat there. For 64 pesos (around 3,60 euros or close to 5 dollars) I ate: 2 "mixiote" tacos, one "panceta" taco, one "barbacoa" taco and a "nieve de rompope" (that would be something like Eggnog icecream). I also tried Tepache, which is a drink made from fermented pineapple with sugar and stuff. I still I don't know how I didn't burst, but I regret nothing, as everything was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment