12/12/2013

Jet lag (after TWO months?)




I still can't believe that after almost two months I'm still jet lagged! I wake up almost EVERY day between 3 and 5 am, and some times I just can't go back to sleep. I even started looking whether if it could be altitude sickness (it's not), or melatonin deficiency (fortunately for me I seem to have high levels of melatonin (it has been related with REM sleep)).

Yet, what is going on with me? My pineal gland has been completely unable to adapt to the time difference between Mexico and Barcelona. Maybe it is blind. I don't know, maybe it's just that it has finally adapted to the general miss-regulation that there is in my brain. Maybe it's just that it doesn't want me to be jet lagged when I go back.

But I think that the main problem is that my brain wants to go back to the beach, instead of having to go to the lab and do immunos.

No comments:

Post a Comment