12/01/2013

November, my crazy writing month.

I've posted lots of shorts stories on this blog, I always considered them my speciality, and I never thought I could go further than that. When I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year (I've talked about on other posts, but I'm too tired to link them here now), I was afraid I would leave it unfinished, or that my novel would be much shorter than the 50,000 words that was proposed as a goal. I won't say it was easy, but there was something that made me write more and more every day. And the story itself took paths that I would have never imagined when my brain first thought of it. To sum up, here is what this month has looked like for me:




These are the stats as for today, once I have finally finished my book. After I wrote the last words I felt terribly empty. I have had this story living with me for so long, not only during this month, but during ages, that having it finish, makes me feel as if something had been pulled out from me. I guess that the only way to fill this void will be starting the next crazy story my brain has already come up with. In the meantime, I need to edit this one, to make it fully readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment