12/17/2013

Distance is a bitch

Today I hit a low, it's not the first time, but I'm still not used to it.

Tomorrow is going to mark my second month overseas. This means that I haven't seen most of the people I interact with on a daily basis for, at least, two months, and I realized that I do miss some of them, and that they are an important part of my life. Still, because I'm stubborn and because I am me, I won't reach out to most of them. 

These two months have passed faster than I thought they would, but, now, Christmas holidays are approaching and I think it's going to be harder than I thought it would (that's why today I bought some chocolate and ended up eating it all), specially taking into account that I'll need to go to the lab during most of the Christmas period, when almost no one else will be there. 

It's a mixed feeling, on one hand I want to go back to Barcelona, but on the other, I kinda wish I could stay more so I had time for experiments and for tourism. I guess that the perfect compromise would be to have here the people I need and miss (so I could take them all to the beach hahaha (well, this ended up better than I thought)).

No comments:

Post a Comment