1/29/2014

A Story A Day. Story 25 of 365: Trapped.

"My name is Ivanna Jackson. I'm seventeen. I am a high school student, I never was bright, but I did well enough. I want to go to college and study something, but I don't know what. I have never had any talent. But my looks. They've taken me a long way, my looks. I have been trapped in this room for days. I don't know how many, it doesn't have a window. There is a cupboard with some food, at first I gorged at it, but then I realized that maybe it would be all the food I'd ever get. I don't remember how I got here, one moment I was talking to some guys at a bar, the following I woke up on the bed. At first I tried to pry the door open in any way I could think of, but it is clearly blocked from the outside. After that I screamed my lungs off. Nothing worked. Now, I quietly wait for someone to come."

"The worst part is the waiting. Not knowing what is going to happen to me, not knowing why am I in here."

"Today I heard some noise outside, footsteps, murmurs. I was ready for the door to be opened, but it didn't happen. The people left as they had arrived. Maybe I should have screamed, but I'm not sure my voice works anymore. Anyway, what would they have done to me?"

"There's little food left. I've been eating as little as I can, and trying not to waste my energies. I spend the days lying on the bed, but my bones are starting to stick out alarmingly."

"I finally ran out of food. I don't even know how long I have been in here, months, probably, the cupboard was well stocked. I wonder how my parents are doing, if they have already given up on seeing me again."

"The smell is terrible. I'm dying, I know. That stench is my body dying, getting corrupted. I wish I could see my family once again, embrace them."

"I'm still alive, I don't know how. I drift between sleep and crisp awakeness, without even realizing. Everything seems so bright, so pure."

"That's it. My time is done. I'm going to die soon, I don't know if it's going to take hours or days, but I can't handle it anymore. If anyone ever sees this, tell my parents I love them. That I wish I had been a better daughter."

They had stumbled into that room in the abandoned storehouse by sheer serendipity. It had ignited their curiosity because it was the only closed room in the whole building. Lee opened it, after hitting it several times. The door flew open and a cloud of dust received them. No one expected to find what they found inside. The remains of someone where lying on a bed, it was clear that whoever it had been, had been dead for some time as some bones where clearly visible under strips of what looked like worn leather. They stumbled outside the room to call the police, not without noticing that the walls were covered in writing. Charlotte braved up and decided to take a look at them, it was written in what looked like dark brown ink, she started reading and realized that there were some fingerprints next to it. Then she realized that it was written in blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment