1/07/2014

The day before the "Three-Wise-Men-Day" or I don't know what to call that festivity

Yesterday was the day before the "Three-Wise-Men-Day". I know it doesn't make any sense, but let me explain. The thing is that in the catholic countries (or something) kids get presents on the 6th of January too, like the baby Jesus (or something). And usually the day before today (fuck, if I keep making sense like this I better stop writing altogether) people does some stuff to celebrate. So this is the tale of what I did yesterday to celebrate this holiday.

The first part of my day wasn't at all Christmasy, well, actually it kind of was, because I went shopping for souvenirs for my family. I'm leaving Mexico in two weeks and (I still don't understand why) I need to take stuff for my "loved ones" so they can remember that I was in Mexico. Stop and think a bit about it, the one who should remember about Mexico in the future is ME not them, I'm the one who has crossed the fucking Atlantic Ocean. I'm also the one who is not quite sure whether she wants to go back home or not. Well, whatever, I went to Coyoacan and bought some stuff, and I also bought a book for myself, because I like books and because a friend had recommended it to me (do I really need to justify my need to buy books? If you think so GTFO). There were still Christmas decorations on the streets, despite the fact that it was close to twenty-five degrees Celsius (I've officially given up on feeling the cold until I go back to Barcelona, although if we take into account that I'm still wearing sandals DESPITE the fact that in the morning the temperature is around 6 degrees...). This is starting to be really convoluted,... thing is: I went, I bought and I left because there was too many people and people makes me nervous, also because I had done what I had to do and since I had not planned to walk around the neighborhood I didn't do it (and now you all realize my level of craziness and stop reading this blog forever).

In the afternoon I went to the house of a man I didn't know to met with some friends (if someone paid me for every time I went to a place where I almost didn't know anyone while being in here, I'd be rich) to eat a traditional "cake" for the "Three-Wise-Men-Day" day (emmm...), we have something similar in Barcelona too. However, in here, there are baby Jesus figurines inside the cake and everyone has to cut its part and if they get a figurine they have to pay for tamales another day. Taking into account that there were at least eight of those suckers inside each cake, the odds were quite high that everyone would end up having one. But because I saw a turtle on New Year's Eve I didn't get any.


Oh, my... I think this is the worst entry ever. Don't judge me too hard, it's because of the lack of sleep (I assume). Also, the story today is probably going to be awesome, because seriously... have you read all this shit? (I'm going to stop now, I'm so going to stop.)

1 comment: