1/19/2014

"Live" blogging: I've switched to the European Schedule and I'm going crazy.

So, I'm going back to Barcelona, and there is a 7-hour-time difference. And because I'm not well in the head I decided to switch to the European schedule a day ahead. Here's the tale of how it goes:

Saturday January the 18th:
7:00pm: I should be sleeping, I'm watching TV.
7:20pm: Ok, time to sleep.
7:30pm: Let me check my phone.
7:40pm: Let me check my phone once more.
7:50pm: Only once more!
7:50-8:00pm: Sleep time lost to WhatsApp and Twitter.
8:00pm: Go to sleep.

Sunday January the 19th:
Around 3:00am: I wonder what time it must be, I slept so well.
3:00am: Alarm starts ringing.
3:10am: I finally get out of bed. I eat some cake.
3:20am: I start cursing myself for deciding to do this.
3:30am: I get in the shower.
3:35am: I start pondering my life decisions. Also, I think we all should live all the time inside warm-water showers.
3:38am: I might as well fall asleep inside the shower.
3:42am: I start wondering how the hell am I going to keep A Story A Day on schedule now that I'm going back home. I should have changed the time zone for the blog too.
3:48am: I finally reach a solution for my problem.
3:50am: I get out of the shower and I regret it! We should all live inside the shower, people.
3:55am: I wonder if I should write "I get dressed". You don't want to know all of it, after all. Then I think that maybe some of you are pervs and think I'm going to go around naked most of the day. If the doctor ever asks you when it all started to go downhill, this is the moment.
4:00am: Breakfast alarm goes off. I wonder if I really needed to set up a breakfast alarm. I didn't people, what else is there to do? 
4:05am: I'm cooking breakfast hoping I don't burn the house down. Or break anything. Or both. 
4:07am: Glad my flatmates aren't home. I don't think they could endure the craziness. 
4:10am: Breakfast time. I wonder how many km I will need to run, swim and cycle to burn all this.

4:40am: I've eaten all the breakfast. I could easily go to sleep. I guess I'll keep watching TV. 
5:35am: I'm regretting waking up so early. The only thing I can think of is nap time. When will the sun rise so I can get some light? 
7:00am: Should I start cooking lunch? Why is the sun not out, yet? 
7:18am: I'm starting to get a headache. Is it because I'm messing up with my circadian rhythm?
7:43am: I'm starting to cook lunch, for some reason it doesn't feel as weird as it sounds. I kinda have the feeling that this stopped being funny a long time ago. If it ever was.
7:47am: just remembered I also need to write A Story A Day before leaving and schedule it to get posted on time. 
7:49am: I feel hungover. Great, I have jet lag without even switching places yet.
7:56am: Lunch is ready. But the alarm was set by 8:00am. I need to keep the schedule, people.
7:58am: This is what I'm going to have for lunch. 

8:00am: Time for lunch! 
8:26am: Lunch time done, now I can just think about taking a nap. 
8:37am: Nap time (yaaaaaaay, I've never been this excited about taking a nap). 
9:20am: Why the hell did I leave the ringer of my phone on?
9:58am: I finally wake up from my nap, it felt SO good.
10:19am: Oh, my! I swear that, if I don't have jet lag tomorrow, I'm patenting this shit. 
10:35am: I decide to take another shower. It's a long flight, I don't want to stink from the start.
10:40am: I realize that... oh, fuck! I've written a novel while being in here. A novel that I need to edit, and that I would edit on the plane if it were a fucking westbound flight.
10:42am: I still can't believe that three months have passed so fast.
10:55am: I get out of the shower. At least now it's not as cold as it was at 3 fucking am in the morning. 
11:00am: I should stop writing swear words. Probably. 
11:15am: Holy fuck! I just realized that in about 21 hours I'll be landing in Barcelona. 
11:18am: I hate it when I have to keep putting stuff inside the suitcases.
11:22am: I feel as if it were mid-afternoon. I guess I'm doing it right. (I'm SO patenting this shit). 
11:39am: I just realized I'm stupid and I forgot my credit card at the ATM yesterday. Like 24 hours ago. Well, I think I forgot it there. It's more than probable. 
12:00pm: going through the last stuff left. Why am I such a scavenger?
12:02pm: I'm just so unfocused. I was packing 10 minutes ago, then I started washing the dishes, then I went back to packing. I don't know if all the dishes are clean.
12:06pm: That's it, this is the end. I'm starting to talk to myself out loud. I hit the bottom (well the first one at least). 
12:12pm: Just packed my carry-on luggage. It's only books. Because I have clothes at home, and because this way I'll look more erudite (or something). 
12:17pm: I'm clearly freaking out. Me, the person who always says "It's not cold", is taking winter clothes just in case she is cold on the plane, or back in Barcelona, or whenever.  
12:24pm: I'm hungry again. 
12:35pm: Just had another break as a friend came to bring a farewell present. 
12:54pm: I closed the luggage just to realize that I forgot to pack some stuff. 
13:00pm: Time to prepare dinner. 
13:11pm: So, I had really fast dinner and now I'm sleepy again. Still around 5 hours until I get on the plane.
13:13pm: Just added a spoonful of Nutella to some warm milk, just because.
13:15pm: I have to admit I'm getting a bit nervous about all this leaving thing. 
14:00pm: Luggage is finally closed, and it's time to pack the laptop too. Fuck, I'm nervous. 

That's it, it's time to say goodbye.

1 comment: