1/15/2014

Sharing stuff at the lab or why it is important to have people to rely on

Today I brought some Spanish omelette to the lab. It took me three hours to cook, but it was worth it. I brought it because it's my last week in the lab, and I had promised them I would cook some from almost the very beginning, so I had to do it. It's nice, sharing food with the people you work with, it gives a completely different perspective about your relationship. We talked a lot about how people at work interact with each other, and that got me thinking.

(All of you, when I write "that got me thinking" it means that the next paragraphs are not going to make sense at all, I warned you.)

So, I do have a good relationship with my labmates from Barcelona, I really do, but it is not *excellent* and sometimes it is not completely sincere. With them it took me much longer to have the kind of relationship that I have with my labmates in Mexico. I don't know if it is because I came here with a different set of mind, or because people in here are more open minded in general, but I know I'm willing to change it. We should be able to talk about everything, to solve our problems. And we should, definitely share our food, stop everything for a while and just talk about silly things. We should show each other how important we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment