1/05/2014

New Year's resolutions or a list of a bunch of things I'll try to do (someday)

I know it's kind of stupid to resolve to do something just because it is a new year, but this year I resolved to have some New Year's resolutions so here they are.

1. Have New Year's resolutions. (That one was easy, I can feel I'm taking off already.)
2. Be more patient. (I can't promise anything, my patience tends to be limited.)
3. Take things more calmly. (Instead of stressing out at every little thing that happens to me.)
4. Stop overthinking. (For example, when it comes to men, SPECIALLY when it comes to men.)
5. Let things flow. (Related to 2, 3 and 4 above.)
6. Get out of my comfort zone more often. (Like doing things that make me interact with people I don't know. Also, get rid of this shyness.)
7. Meet more people. (Related to 6, and also related to everything I've been doing here in Mexico.)
8. Train more. (Some days ago I said I want to train for a triathlon, and I will.)
9. Write more often. (As often as once a day, even if it is only a paragraph, or a short story, or a whole chapter of a new book.)
10. Go to more concerts. (One of the pleasures of life: live music. Also, the first concert I'm going to go is Frank Turner's so everyone wins.)
11. Sing more often. (Not only at open mics, but at home when I'm alone.)
12. Read more. (I used to read a lot, but right now I'm usually too tired to do it.)
13. Be less messy. (That's not happening, I don't even know why I wrote it in here.)

So that is it.

You know what? I had a second thought about the writing more, since I want to write every day... I should as well post whatever I have written in here for the whole year (and because I'll be starting some days later this is going to go all the way to 2015). I'm going to call it "A Story A Day", most of them are probably not going to be that good, but it will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment