1/04/2014

Reasons to stay in Mexico or New Year's at the beach

If you follow this blog, you'll already know that I spent New Year's at the beach. Not only New Year's but six full days.

I went with some friends (it is funny how I can call them friends when I met some of them on the same day the trip started) to a place where you could camp next to the beach. It was an almost untouched beach, because there are no big hotels next to it. Also, it is not really accessible, there is a road that goes there, but it takes forever to reach the place. This means that you can see nature as it is. I saw pelicans, crabs, fishes and what is best a whale and a sea turtle that was laying eggs. Also, the Ocean (the Pacific one) was out there, wide and wild, showing the sheer power of the elements. And finally, and maybe one of the most spectacular things I've seen, the starry sky. Oh! And the phosphorescent algae!

It was a really good experience, I ate lots of things that I hadn't eaten before. Like oysters, really large oysters. And I saw once more how people in here has a different rhythm of life, as well as a easiness to make new friends. And I think that this is helping me to become more open.

Best part of it all was to see the turtle exactly at midnight on the 31st, it is supposed to be a lucky sign. So I'll think of this new year as the "Year of the Turtle".

No comments:

Post a Comment