1/18/2014

Three months past, only a few hours to go or why I seem to be saying goodbye all the time.

I've officially been on the other side of the pond for three months. I know, three months is not much and I agree about it right now. Today is not only the three month anniversary of my arrival, today also marks the 48-hour countdown to my departure. So it's time, once again to see what I've made out of this experience.

This is the longest I've ever been away from home, away from my family and friends. Because of the kind of life I'm planning to live I'll have to spent longer periods without them, and I've realized that I should be able to endure it.

When I first arrived here I said that this experience would be good for me. And it has been, it has been so good that I don't want to leave. The experience has changed me, not too much, but it has changed me in the places that needed changes. I could say I've been refurbished. And I was expecting it.

It has also helped me take things differently, specially with work stuff. I've been working a lot, I have, but I also learned to take things in a more laid-back way.

And finally, I've met awesome people. Who, I know, will remain my friends through time and space.

So, even if I still have to shed a tear, I can say that this has been one of the most enriching experiences of my *short* life.

No comments:

Post a Comment