1/25/2014

Explaining my adventures or I have really changed and it's awesome.

Yesterday I met with my friends from university (hey, girls! Love ya! (they told me they read the blog, so I'm just acknowledging them)) for dinner. Before, that, however, I decided to walk around Barcelona, to feel it again. Wandering through the streets of the old city, getting lost and not knowing where I was half of the times, it was nice, it was soothing and for some reason it really made me want to cry. But I didn't, because there's something inside me blocking the tears. Yet, it was a good way to come into terms with Barcelona again. Because I'm like this I decided to walk all the way to the place where I had to met my friends, which was like 5km from work to there, but since I wandered around I, most probably, ended up walking more than 8.

Meeting my friends was awesome, we don't see each other that often, but when we do is as if we had just seen each other the previous day. They are really really nice (and I don't say it because they'll be probably reading it, but because they are). We talked about my writing, both the blog and the novel, which means that I have some new beta readers right now, and it made me feel as a writer for real. We also talked about all my experiences in Mexico, which, surprisingly didn't make me too nostalgic. And they got to see first-hand the "turtle-luck" (as I call it), we went to a restaurant that acts on a first arrived-first served basis, so you have to wait until it's your turn, when we arrived they told us that we'd need to wait until 11pm (it was only 9.30pm) and as we were leaving a waiter came to us and told us that there were some people who hadn't shown up and we could have their table. The meal was delicious.

After having dinner and having had a drink we left, so I went to take the bus back home. This was when I realized that I've changed. There were two guys who were talking in English at the bus stop and I couldn't decide where they were from, so when one of them got on the same bus I did I just went up to him and asked. And they we talked about lots of stuff during the bus trip, I would have never ever done that before, I know it, and it felt good, talking with someone you don't know. Also, knowing that I've changed and I'm, somehow, more open minded. Thanks, people from Mexico, you've done me good.

And, to finish the night, when I was about to go home, I decided to switch on my mobile phone (it had died because I spent the afternoon taking pictures around), and some friends where telling me to go with them and have a drink. And I went. It was so spontaneous that I didn't even had time to consider whether my old me would have done it, but probably not. Long story short, I arrived home at 5am, when I was supposed to only go and have dinner. And I'm happy I did it.

1 comment:

  1. Aquests canvis ho fan el viatjar. No tornis a la teva antiga 'jo', que a mí em va fer tornar una mica enrere amb el temps!
    Per cert, et falta veure'm a mi.... ehem..... jajaja.

    ReplyDelete