11/18/2013

A month overseas

I've been on the other side of the ocean for a month now, I say on the other side of the ocean instead of in Mexico because last week (as you might be aware) I was in San Diego.

During this time here I've realized a couple of things. First, that I really only talk about my daily life with a couple of persons, of course I post stuff in here every now and then, but I only reach out to some people to inform them without them asking. An example of this is that I've only talked to my parents twice since I'm here, we've sent each others emails, but I'm not really explaining much to them. I also realized that I'm missing some things from Europe, one of them is the food. I'm cooking, I am, but the vegetables just don't seem to taste as good and the European food that you might find here is Americanized in some way, I also miss European cities, cities in here are much more different, there's so much space it's weird, I almost have in mind flying over to Montréal to see a "European-like" historic center. I also miss the cold, a bit, yesterday I went out in the street wearing sandals, a tank-top and shorts, on the 17th of November! So if the cold doesn't come here I might end up flying somewhere cold. Finally, I've surprised myself wanting for it to be Christmas, I've never liked Christmas much, but spending it away from my family is making me long for it, which is really weird.

If I think all this after only a month here, I wonder what will I think after the two remaining months...

No comments:

Post a Comment