11/11/2013

San Diego day 4: a different kind of birthday, more congress and hunting for stuff.

My day started really early today because my parents wanted to talk to me through Skype to congratulate me on my Birthday. I've to say that it was kind of strange having people wishing me happy birthday from yesterday afternoon because of the time change, but it was also fun.

The congress was much more relaxed today, I went to a nanosymposium in the morning and to a minisymposium in the afternoon and between that I had time to check out posters and to look through the exhibitors to see if there was something I liked. Of course there were things I liked, but I tend to like the most expensive things... For lunch I went with both my PIs to a street market and we ate something that was like stuffed potato that was delicious. And during the afternoon I spent more than half an hour looking for bags with my PI, we have already planned on looking for more tomorrow (total scavengers).

After the congress I went to buy myself some cake to celebrate that I'm 26 and I'm getting old, to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment