11/09/2013

San Diego day 2: Neuroscience 2013, social awkwardness, California weather and getting sunburnt.

Today was my first day at this crazy meeting of crazy people called Neuroscience 2013. It's completely awesome, and, even if it has not yet fully started, completely overwhelming. I assisted to a workshop on iPCs which was interesting and gave me lots of answers, even if not the ones I wanted to hear, but also reassured me about the stage I'm doing in Mexico. It was nice seeing so many people working in so many different fields sharing the same interests.

Funnily enough I met people who was attending the congress both on my way there and on my way back to the hotel, however I still managed to eat by myself, because I'm awkward that's it. Which was probably for the best because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to write any NaNoWriMo. I ate at the sun and I got really red, so red that I did end up with a tan. But all the sun was gone by the time the congress finished and there was this thick thick horrible fog covering everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment