11/15/2013

San Diego day 7: Poster and the flight back home.

Yesterday was my last day in San Diego, which also meant that I had to present my poster. I won't lie I was really really nervous because well... I guess you're supposed to be nervous.

I got into the Convention Center with lots of time to spare, and to get more nervous of course, I just couldn't stop walking up and down all the time. But it turned out to be awesome. Lots of people came to see my poster, and some of the important one's on the field of Down syndrome actually. I felt really well and I got lots of positive feedback. I also got asked a lot whether I was a postdoc, which made me consider... do I look so old?

After the poster I had to run to get my luggage and then get on the bus to the airport. I'm glad most of the airports around here have free wifi because it was an opportunity to catch up with my friends. I also wrote some more for NaNoWriMo, because I couldn't write much these days I was in the Congress.

On the plane I meet a man who had presented a poster that I actually saw during the first day, so it was kind of fun. I also got sick on both of my flights because I don't know exactly why there was lots of turbulence, I hadn't got sick in a flight for ages, so it was weird. I ended up arriving back to Mexico really late at night so today I was sleepy for the most part of the day (which sucked a lot).

Overall, Neuroscience 2013 was a really good experience which has allowed me to interact with lots of different people, to present my science and to see some really cool stuff that I would want to buy to create the perfect laboratory, but it's too expensive so I'll have to wait until my lab hits the jackpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment