11/10/2013

San Diego day 3: walking around San Diego, a market at Little Italy and full-on Neuroscience 2013

Because I'm not a normal person, I woke up early today even if the congress was starting at 1 pm. I did that for one reason, I wanted to walk a bit around the city. So I took the trolley and I went to Seaport Village, on the trolley something really weird happened, a man gave me a card that read "I like you. Contact me", it was SO creepy!

So I went to Seaport Village, it was really nice but it had this feeling of amusement park (as in Old town) it was really really sunny and I think I might be getting a tan. Then I went to the Gaslamp Quarter and walked around taking tons of pictures. And suddenly I thought that it was still early so I could go to Little Italy, and that was probably the best decision I've ever made, there was this farm market that was completely awesome. I bought some orange juice that was absolutely amazing, I hadn't realized how much do I miss orange juice. I also bought an italian panini to eat for lunch and after going around for a bit I decided to go back to the Convention Center, find myself a place at the sun and write. However, when I arrived there I met my boss and we went for a walk around some other part of the city and then we went for lunch.

After lunch the fun started! I got introduced to the real world of Society of Neuroscience meetings. Dragging my boss around we went through rows and rows of posters, finding some awesome things but also being critic with some other posters. One of the presenters was a researcher I really wanted to meet because I've used lots of his articles as reference, so I was really excited to talk to him, curiously enough when he heard what I'm working on he was like "I want to come work with you". So far I'm really loving this Congress, and I never thought I'd say that and probably some people would want to kill me but, I'm having fun going around with my boss.

P.S.: There won't be pictures today because it's taking forever to upload them (I'm sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment