11/12/2013

San Diego day 5: congress, congress and more congress

Today was the middle day of the congress and one of the busiest I've had. I started the day with a Nanosymposium that was a bit disappointing because one presenter I really wanted to hear didn't attend, and, also, some of the presenters weren't really good speakers, which was a shame. After that I went to a Minisymposium that was really interesting where I met my boss. Morning poster session was short, but with lots of potentially applicable things. In the afternoon we went through the exhibitors for a while and got some fun nice useless stuff, that we all love but then we all regret taking because it only takes space (and everyone knows that I don't have much space left in my desk). Then we went through at least half a hundred posters and to a symposium on epigenetics, it was nice to see how everything got together. And today I finally got to do something I've been wanting to do since I got here: see the sunset. It was nice, but I had kinda wanted to see it over the ocean and Point Loma was blocking the direct view...

No comments:

Post a Comment