11/13/2013

San Diego day 6: more congress, a wish list, a "social event" and a Social Event

Today was the penultimate day of congress and my last full day. It was a busy day, in the morning I attended a Minisymposium on Tau in dendrites, which was really interesting and gave me lots of ideas, I also went to some poster sessions and then met with a friend who came for the day. We were planning to go for dinner together but then my boss emailed me to go to a luncheon on Women and Neuroscience, which was really good, the thing is half of the PhD students are women, but not so many women are in top positions, so we need to change that.

After the lunch I went to a Plenary Lecture that was kind of disappointing and then to more posters, that were quite good, at least some of them. There I met my boss again and we went to check out some really cool stuff that I wish I could have, but it is really expensive so... who knows?

In the afternoon I went to my first social events, I feel really bad that I haven't gone to any before, but I'm awkward. So the first one was actually some kind of meeting about creating committees on Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease, and it was not so social, but more work. The other one was a meeting from UCI, which I'm not part of but I know people who work there, and it was much nicer, I met lots of people around there and I also caught up with some others. And well, this will be my last post from San Diego, Neuroscience 2013 has been a really stimulating experience so far and I hope I'll repeat it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment