11/16/2013

On being single

One of the things that happens when you meet lots of new people is that they ask you things about your life. I don't know the reason but one of such questions tends to be about the relationship status that one might have. Seriously, I never ever ask this question, I don't understand why people are always asking.

So, thing is that these past weeks I've been asked whether I had a boyfriend a lot of times. And when I say I don't I always get the same reply "Why not?".

As if I could choose... well I think that maybe the problem is that I can choose and I'm too picky, but don't they say that you've to aim for the best. Is not as if I haven't been in love, which I have, like a thousand times. It's that I only like guys who are too handsome for my own good. Seriously girls, handsome guys are trouble.

Anyway, why do I need to justify my singleness? Do people ask people who are in a relationship why they are in one? Imagine this you ask someone you have just met I've they have a significant other, they tell you they have and then you ask them "Why?". How would they react? Now that I come to think about it, it's pretty awesome so I might well start doing it. Enough of making single people feel bad asking why they don't have someone, or to make them feel as if they should have someone, and let's start making people who are in a relationship justify that they are in one, isn't that what equal rights is (in part) all about?

For those of you who are going to say that I'm bitter about this topic, I'm not, it's just that it should be the same if someone is single or not. Also, I've had my experiences and I'd rather be happy that live in the nest of lies some relationships are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment