11/08/2013

San Diego day 1: falling in love with American Airlines or getting lost in San Diego

Today my day started early, really early, like 3.30 am early. A taxi driver picked me up to go to the airport an hour later and I got to the airport with enough time to have some left to write some NaNoWriMo. At 7.30 I got on my first flight, from Mexico City to Dallas. I flew with American Airlines and it was the first time I did so, I really liked everything about it, in Europe for short flights you usually get in crammed planes, this one however didn't feel so, specially because I had a full row of seats for myself. Dallas airport was another whole experience too, the assistance staff were dressed as cowboys or something with bests and hats, and this completely sweet lady helped me find my way to my boarding gate, which included a ride on a some kind of monorail. I had some more time to write for NaNoWriMo and I even had time to have lunch. Then plane again, I have to say that I slept most of the way, but I also got to watch some "Parks and Recreation" which I had never seen.

After a long journey I finally arrived in San Diego. And after getting installed in my hotel I decided to walk around, the thing is that I'm really stubborn so I had to go see stuff, the other thing is that I'd never ever ask for directions so I followed the TripAdvisor "Point Me There" so I ended up walking through a bike trail that ended up nowhere and decided to change my destination. I went to San Diego's Old Town, which I had expected to be more authentic and look less like an amusement park. Then I kept walking and walking, and I think I must have walked like 3,000km through what looked like the worst neighborhoods of San Diego, and then I learned something, there are a fuckload of highways crossing the city and there's almost no way across.







No comments:

Post a Comment