11/02/2013

NaNoWriMo and "Día de Muertos"

Today is 1st of November and this means a thing: NaNoWriMo has started. For those who don't know what is it or how it works, basically you sing up and start writing a novel on the 1st of November, the goal is to get to 50,000 words by the end of November and you have to monitor how many words you've written every day. I had heard about it before, but I don't know why I never signed up for it. But this year I decided to sign in. You can follow my progress in here and donate in my behalf in here. And I'm serious about finishing it! My head has been boiling with ideas the whole morning.


On another note, this weekend is "Día de Muertos" here in Mexico. People makes offerings to the deceased, and it's quite spectacular. Today I went to see the offerings at the center I'm working in and tomorrow I'll be going at the university where they have some even bigger offerings. So just to let you know how these things look like:


No comments:

Post a Comment