9/12/2015

Road-tripping around the Baltic States. Day 11: Pärnu-Kuressaare.

After sleeping barely 6 hours and a half, the sunshine woke me up and I took it as a sign to get my ass out of bed and into the road. The weather was incredible without not even a single cloud in the sky. I drove through Estonia (I have to say that the Estonian roads are far better than the Latvian ones) under the sunshine for one hour and a half until I arrived to the ferry terminal just on time to board. Or just on time to be the first one to be denied boarding on the 11:30 ship because it was already full, I took the following one where I promptly spent most of the not-even-30-minute crossing on the sundeck (I expect to get a nice suntan from today). 





After that I still had an hour drive until Kuressaare which is the main city in the island of Saaremaa. Kuuressaare has a castle (of course) and I went inside, it has thick walls and a moat, it also has defence towers and LOTS of stairs that lead to secret places. I loved it. I went around imagining I was a princess who wanted to be a warrior and ran around the staircases. And now I NEED to spend a whole weekend in a castle with watchtowers and secret passages and a graveyard alone. Also, if the castle is by the sea even better. 































Suddenly it was 3:30 and I still hadn't had lunch and you will recognize that hour as one when I should have already had lunch. So I headed into town where there is a food fair. One Finnish man serenaded me with some Spanish songs making me laugh way too much. Finally, I got my hands on the burger. And it tasted like heaven. To make me feel better I went for a walk into a park afterwards, but I still feel a but like a fatass about it so I'll need to do more tomorrow. 















P.S.: I'm open to proposals that involve me getting a castle. 



2 comments:

  1. How cute, I'm going to purchase a castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, I'm going to purchase a castle.

    ReplyDelete