9/01/2015

Tear

They were sitting on the grass at the park, Sandra had insisted on taking Julia out of their shared flat as she had barricaded inside for more than a week. Sandra had bought ice creams for both of them and ate hers while she saw how Julia's simply melted at the sun. 

-Juls, he was an asshole.-Sandra said, breaking the silence that had fallen on them both. 

-I know.-Julia replied, stirring the liquid mess her ice cream had become. 

-So?

-I know he was an asshole, and I have known for long that he's not good for me. And, yet, I can't forget him. I sometimes wish he was with me, just to remind myself how bad did he make me feel sometimes, and how good some others. Every time I tell myself I was planning to leave him, but I never did. I wanted to be the one to start the break-up. I wanted it to be a clean cut, instead of having that part torn out of me. 

-You think too much. You should simply forget about him. There will be others. 

Julia shook her head, and lay on the grass, sunshine on her face. A couple of kids ran past them squealing in joy. 

-I know. Just as I know he was an asshole. Anything you can think of I know. But I still miss him. And I still hate myself for doing so. 

Sandra lay by her side and took her by the hand. 

-What would you do if he came back? 

-I want to say that I would not fall in his trap again. That I would stay calm and ignore him. I really want to say that, because it's the only way to mantain my sanity, but I can't. If he comes back I'll probably be mad at him for a while, and then return to him. Return to my doom. 

-Let's hope he never comes back.-Sandra concluded as she helped her friend on her feet to go buy more ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment