9/29/2015

Stone

As soon as the door closed, I called Sharleen, it took her a bit to pick it up, and I had started to regret it when I heard her voice. 

-Hi! What's up?- she asked cheerfully. 

-He came.

Her voice became gloomy, devoid of all the joyfulness it had before. 

-Did you tell him what you had to tell him? 

After Ryan broke up with me, we had spent long hours talking about what should I do should he return. 

I sighed. 

-You didn't.- she sounded disappointed.- Emma, you didn't. I can't believe it. He's toxic, he gets inside of you and poisons you from there, he rips your heart apart. Don't you remember those times when you suffered because you hadn't heard of him for days? Don't you remember how needy he made you and how he only cared for you when he wanted something? Have you really forgotten everything? 

I stayed silent. I knew she was right. I knew. I agreed with everything she said. But I still loved him. The irrational part in me still loved him, and I couldn't forget as easily. 

-I still love him.- I said in the end. 

-You'll be tripping on the same stone twice. 

-I know. 

-He won't change. 

-I'm aware. 

-Good luck.- she said as goodbye. 

"I'll need it" I said to the air. "I'll need it, indeed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment