9/06/2015

Road-tripping around the Baltic States. Day 5: Liepāja-Karosta-Liepāja.

I had planned a slow day today, and as usual things don't go as planned. In the morning I went for a walk around the city center and had to return twice to the hostel because it rained. As you'll see by the pictures I saw lots of curches and ended up going to the beach because you can't keep me away from it. 





A reminder I need to practice for choir. 








As usual, the best perspectives are those that are against the sunshine and in the middle of the road. 












After that I went to Karosta which is north from Liepāja and used to be soviet military base. It looked a bit like a ghost town, with its crumbling buildings and wide streets. There was also a prison which I didn't visit in the end, a large breakwater, and some sinking forts. I risked my life for these pictures so you better enjoy them (not actually). 




































I wanted to see the sunset and went to the beach, but instead I was greeted by some really badass clouds. 









No comments:

Post a Comment